Your curb appeal says a lot about you as the homeowner. One of the most important factors of maintaining an incredible curb appeal is a good porch. Whether you’re putting Ziptrak blinds or flowers, your porch must send a clear message of who you are from the first look.
Wondering how to improve your porch’s designs with Ziptrak blinds? Don’t bore your guests with a mediocre-looking porch. Get a load of these ideas and put a spin on your porch’s design with Ziptrak outdoor blinds and other retrofits:
Find a theme.
Do you want a dainty barn vibe for your porch? How about a rustic feel? A nature theme?
Having a theme will help you set limitations and buy the right accessories, such as Ziptrak blinds.
1. Barn/farmhouse vibe
- Give it a traditional vibe by painting it white (especially if your porch is wooden).
- Make used but sturdy pallets as planters – paint them white and put gourds and fruits on them.
- Add a wooden porch swing. Also, add some cerulean and white pillows.
- Complement the fresh look with a rug that has an earthy tone.
- Place two small side tables with functioning lights – perfect for summer night porch dinners with your cousins and siblings.
2. Eternal Spring Porch
- Paint your porch with pastel themes.
- Go easy on the furniture – choose benches and chairs with neutral colours, so that the other pastel colours can stand out.
- Buy a bright-coloured rug.
- Hang a wreath on your front door.
- Use baskets as planters for your year-round flowers (choose flowers that will last until the cold seasons).
3. Earthy-themed Porch.
- Add a stone fireplace. This will be your centre point. But it will also accentuate your porch’s columns.
- Make other use of your columns. Make them into these storage spaces for chopped, firewood for that practical feel.
- When it gets cold during June or July, these columns/storage spaces and stone fireplace will not only lighten up your porch, these will also keep you warm and comfy.
- As for the pillows and other cushions, you can opt for Cyan-hued ones. Your Ziptrak blinds can retain its earthy tone.
- Place flowers on baskets for an earthy aroma.
4. Mid-Century Modern Porch.
- Use a hanging globe as a porch light.
- Install a mailbox that has a geometric shape.
- Use a rug with a geometric pattern as well.
- Paint your front door with a pop of blue or yellow.
- Stray away from using traditional benches and chairs.
- No hanging planters, please – just sitting, minimalistic pots.
5. Rustic feel porch.
- Add a wooden sign. It could either say “Welcome”, a witty catchphrase, or your family’s surname.
- Use old, metal pails as planters for outdoor plants.
- Use an old but functioning ladder as a vertical stack for your planters.
- Add two wooden rockers and white or sky blue throw pillows.
- Hang a bed porch swing using thick ropes.
Before you follow one or two of these themes, remember to put importance on both function and form.
Find and buy durable Ziptrak blinds today.
Want to buy the best Ziptrak blinds Melbourne has to offer? The virtual place for ordering Ziptrak blinds is https://www.crystalimageblinds.com.au.